This, to me, sums up the current situation perfectly and we should look at this as our second chance to do better; for ourselves, our loved ones, and the world in the following ways:
- It forces us to take a step back and revisit what is truly, truly important in our lives. In our usual daily grind, it is easy to misprioritize and forget what really matters, and this is the time for us to reflect on what true humanity really means.
- Ironically while the world is in a state of misalignment, Mother Nature is actually realigning the planet. With air pollution drastically decreasing and the ozone layer healing itself, this temporary halt gives our future generations a fighting chance. I sincerely hope that we will all learn this lesson and make conscious decisions in the future that will not cause further damage to this earth, without having to go through another pandemic to remind us.
- It shows us that everyone- whether we are rich or poor, regardless of who we are, are not spared from this virus. This virus does not discriminate, and no one is spared. This is how humanity was initially meant to be; regardless of race, religion, gender or social status. It is a reminder to always treat everyone with respect and diginity, to look out for one another as part of one race – the Human Race.
- This time we are now made to spend at home is the perfect chance to reconnect with our loved ones in new innovative ways from a distance. It is a chance for us to rebuild bonds with those we may have forgotten or neglected. This time should be greatly treasured and seen as a blessing, because time is a luxury that not everyone has (especially for those fighting for their lives and the lives of others), and we have now been given a free pass.
- This is the time for all of us to reflect on ourselves, and to ensure that we grow mentally, emotionally and spiritually. To spend this time getting to know ourselves better and treat ourselves better through eating healthier and exercising regularly to boost our own immunity.
Let us take this time to let our Mother Earth recover, and for us to rebuild our relationships for a stronger world together moving forward.
Love and Liht,